Jan 19, 2012

21-10

Assalamualaikum

I have turned 21 10 days ago
Big thanks for those who remember
To be honest, being thousands of miles away from your motherland makes my birthday more special
Thanks to technology, I have received birthday wishes from my parents, sisters,grandparents, uncles and aunties who have never forgot my birthday since I was born. They are the best family members I tell you.
Not forgotten, many best friends from Subang, Shah Alam and Intec
Those people have never failed to wish me on my birthday
And as my best friend Farisha wished me on twitter, I suddenly realized that she has been constantly wishing my birthday for almost 15 years. What a great figure and how I love our friendship!
Note that I hid my birthday on Facebook, just so that I don't have so many people wishing me on my wall
Geli budget famous lah kau kann hahh

If I were asked to describe birthday in two words, my answer would definitely be:
Prayer (Doa) & Death (Mati)

1. Prayer
It is because in my family tradition, birthday celebration is started with a prayer, asking Allah to bless the one who is turning older with more imaan, taqwa, and good akhlaq etc. Ayah will specifically said the birthday girl's name in his prayer and I still remember my youngest sister Safiyyah used to be mad because ayah didn't say her name in someone else's birthday. Aww comelkan Safiyyah?

2. Death
However, at the end of the prayer, ayah will say the prayer to ask Allah to ease our death and let us die in husnul khatimah. That makes me realize that for every year I gained, I am just a weak and helpless human being who is approaching death.

These are what inside my mind when I woke up during my birthday last week:
I am 21
I am one and a half year away to get my bachelor degree insyaAllah
I am working part time for money and getting some great experience
I am healthy
I have a beautiful family
Hardships do exist but I know I am maturing because of them 

"Then which of the favors of your Lord will you deny?"

Throughout my life, I have met several people who hardly received birthday wishes from their own family and alhamdulillah I found myself to be among the lucky ones
My parents and sisters do not only wish me 'Happy Birthday' early in the morning, they usually give me hugs and kisses every year as I turn one year older
In fact, I have had my birthday parties thrown almost every year with so many foods and people
Not to mention, the awesome birthday presents and moneyhh hehe
Someone ask me if only I am disappointed that this year is perhaps my dullest birthday ever and I quickly said  "No I am perfectly fine. I have had enough and I thank Allah for all those moments"
Yes, I just wanna turn into a better person
I humbly ask apology for those who I have wrongdoings

Mari buat homework yeahh

2 comments:

miya said...

happy birthday tyka xD

Atikah Adnan said...

Awww thanks miya. Terharu nihh wish bape kali campur mesej yg no lama lg hihi :D