Jul 30, 2011

My Sunny Summer

Assalamualaykum

Summer has been pretty rough here in Columbus
I must admit that sometimes I feel like having headache because of the heat
This is my first summer and frankly speaking, I never thought that summer could be this hot
Once it used to feel like 110 degree Fahrenheit which is about 44 degree Celcius!
Added with the fact that my room here doesn't have air conditioner, only Allah knows how did I survive those few extreme days

However, summer is not too bad, seriously
I spent many days working so that I can get extra money (as well as free air conditioning)
I also explored Columbus a lot
And yes, it is A LOT cheaper because most of the places I went are free admission, or if they don't, I get discounted price as I bought the tickets at our Ohio Union
Columbus is not San Francisco, Chicago or NYC, but it is not too bad as this is my first time having chance to explore where I have been living for 10 months!

Just few shots of interesting places in Columbus Ohio
Okay now nak perasan tourist guide xD

1. Hayden Falls
It is just a small 30-40 feet waterfall with a creek. When I first saw the waterfall, I couldn't say anything else other than Subhanallah and Mashaallah. It is amazing, don't you think so? Somehow, it looks kind of magical for me. It is small yet extremely beautiful. :)
2. Alum Creek State Park
One of my colleagues said that it is a beach while another one said it is just a pool of water with a dam. lol. But clearly, I am in Ohio, there are no beaches here. This place is perfect for a picnic during a windy day and if only you put your sunscreen on. I had the best picnic here with fellow Malaysians. :)
3. Columbus Park of Roses
I visited this place around July which I think is quite late because the roses were too bloomed. Is this the right word? Sorry taktau haha. Senang cerita macam dah tua sikit roses dia. I hope I can go there next year a bit earlier because I prefer roses when they just start to bloom. However this place is colorful and smell soooooo nice! Admission is free and it is very near to my house. Recommended!
4. Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
It is huge. I like the landscape a lot. It looks modern compare the one I had been in San Diego. However the heat makes my trip to be tiresome. One interesting fact about Columbus Zoo is the zoo is divided into continents and thus made it to be more educational because I got many information as they present the animals that way. The zoo is pretty clean too. If you wanna go there, bring at least a bottle of water because you will need it. Among all my pictures, I like this Grizzly Bear very much. Adorable isn't? :D
5. Franklin Conservatory Park
It is an indoor park that have many attraction in it. It has many parks that exhibit butterfly, bonsai, palm, and also replica on type of forests in the world, from rain forest to desert. Again, they divide it very clearly hence made me to gain a lot of knowledge. From the review I read, the most attractive attraction in the park is the butterfly park but honestly, I find it quite frustrating because the butterflies are too 'wild'. They fly everywhere soooo actively and it is hard to have a closer look on them.
And now I wanna present the best place I went this summer, Indian Run Falls.
(cuba translate directly, if only you get what I mean xD)
Okay sebab yang ni best sangat, nak describe dalam bm lah. sungai ni panjang and ada banyak air terjun kecil-kecil in almost every twenty feet. park ni macam dekat kawasan berbukit sikit and ada if you go along the path, you will find many viewpoints. tempat dia cantik, ada ramai jugak budak-budak mandi, and I feel like in Malaysia. Tiba-tiba rindu sungai Jahang dekat Gopeng. :')

5 comments:

miya said...

kalau di egypt, maybe up to 55 degree.
can you imagine? -_-"

CANTIK SANGAT ! NAK PERGI......

Atikah Adnan said...

Tinginya! But egypt panas dia keringkan? Sini like humid sgt2. So rimas.. Datanglah siniiiiiii :)

Firdaus said...

okay. All of the pictures are mine. Have to gimme credit for that

Atikah Adnan said...

Definitely not all. Some of them are mine!

HaFizaH aYu said...

subhanaallah sgt cntik..syg xde bajet nk pi sna..huhu sadis nyer