Nov 13, 2010

A preparation for life

I went to MSA GBM yesterday because I was attracted to the title of the meeting
Hajj : A preparation for life


Frankly speaking, I am amazed with the content
I keep on thinking about it until now
How I view Hajj entirely?
I mean, almost everyone views Hajj this way
Not only Malay but all Muslim entirely
It maybe cliche, but this is the fact
I love what the brother said about our aims in life ;

Now, at early 20's, we aim to graduate. Then when we have graduated we want to get work, because we know we can get money to go for Hajj. But then, we think, it would be greater if we could go there with our spouse, so we get married. After we get married, we realized that marriage is really a big deal so we need to save money to settle down. So we postpone our niat for Hajj. Later at 30's, we have kids and we want to take care of them until they grow up and go to college. Then, once they are grown up, we have to pay their tuition fees and after they graduated, they want to get married, so we pay for it, since we love our children. Then you realized that you are almost 50, you start to think about Hajj again but you are not financially capable and begin to get afraid of the grave.
So, how do you view Hajj actually? As a preparation of life or death?

See how it goes? Hajj is one of rukun Islam, should we view it as an ibadah only when we get older? I think about it all night long. I have adjust my life targets now. I am going to start saving for Hajj from now. Sikit sikit lama lama jadi bukit. How about you?

ps : Yes, Malaysians are very lucky to have Tabung Haji, I mean, at least we get a clear picture of it. Aim lepas ni, nak penuhkan akaun Tabung Haji, nak bawak ibu, and ayah, sekali lagi Inshaallah :)

2 comments:

FaRHaN SyAHiR said...

I once asked the tabung haji representative, she siad that if we register now for hajj, we only can go for hajj after 23 years. So , better starts now is it?

Atikah Adnan said...

Thats the thing i heard too. We really have to start now right? :)