Jan 26, 2011

Two books in One day

I was excited when I read e-mail that the book I requested is ready to be picked up
So, as I finished Electric Circuit class, I rushed to SEL (Science and Engineering Library) and picked it up. This is the book: Winter in Arabia.
It looks old right? Indeed it is. It was published on 1940.


















When I reached home, another good thing happened
The book I have been waiting for few days is in my mailbox!
It is a used book. I bought it for $0.01 and $3.99 for shipping
Guess what, this is my first biography collection and I am so excited about it since people rated the book as excellent. That is the reason why I decided to buy it instead of borrowing from library
Introducing, Passionate Nomad : The Life of Freya Stark


















Ohh actually I need to write a short research paper about Western explorer in my English class and I chose to write about Freya Stark, the writer of the first book as well as the woman on the cover of the second book

I have never heard of her before, but what captured my interest toward her was her location of exploration, Arabia - the land I have been longing to know more for its language and history
However it turns out that the more I read about her, the more I feel that I am just like her and started to sentimentalize everything

Two books in one day, they really made my day
Hopefully I am gonna write a good paper, amin :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you,star writer hahah